I created this crochet wall hanging today. It was one of those mornings where I’d had 3 cups of coffee before anyone woke up, and I couldn’t focus on anything until I got this design out of my head. So I grabbed some bulky yarn from my stash, and in about 2 hours I had a new pattern and a new crochet wall tapestry!
I have been wanting to crochet one of these for so long, I don’t know why I’ve never gotten around to it. I love the way it turned out.
- As I was changing colors, I didn’t cut the ends, I allowed them to hang out until the next row so that I could easily pick them up without having all of those ends to weave in.
- I crocheted the piece first, then attached it to my half moon frame (found here on Etsy) using a single crochet stitch.
- Here is a short video showing you how I attached my crochet wall hanging. You can use a stick from your yard, a dowel rod, or anything that strikes your imagination!
- I attached my fringe at the end, and just kind of eyeballed it
- Color changes are marked in [brackets] for example: [color a] sc 10 [color b] sc 10 (So the instructions would read, with color a, single crochet 10. With color b, single crochet 10.
Ready to begin your own boho crochet wall hanging?! Here’s what you’ll need:
- A dowel rod, stick, or metal frame like this.
- 5 colors of bulky, or super bulky yarn. (You could really do this pattern with any amount of colors that you want)
- US Size 10.5 (6.5mm) crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- ch : chain
- sc : single crochet
- hdc : half double crochet
- ea : each
Ch 23 (turn at the end of each row)
- [color A] sc into 2nd ch from hook and into each remaining ch, ch 1
- [color A] sc into ea sc, ch 1
- [color A] sc 8, [color b] hdc 14, ch 1
- [color b] sc 14, [color a] hdc 8, ch 1
- rep. row 3
- [color b] sc 8, [color a] hdc 14, ch 1
- [color a] sc all sts, ch 2
- [color a] hdc 14, [color c] sc 8
- [color c] sc 9, [color a] sc 13, ch1
- [color a] sc 13, [color c] sc 9 ch 1
- [color c] sc 8, [color d], sc 14 ch 1
- [color d] sc 15, [color c] sc 7 ch 1
- [color a] sc 9, [color d] sc 13 ch1
- [color d] sc 12, [color a] hdc 10 ch 2
- [color a] hdc across ch 1
- [color a] sc 8, [color e] hdc 14 ch 2
- [color e] hdc 13, [color a] sc 9 ch 2
- [color a] hdc 10, [color e] hdc 12 ch 2
- [color e] hdc 11, [color a] hdc 11 ch 2
- [color a] hdc 12, [color e] hdc 10 ch 2
- [color a] hdc across, ch 1
- [color a] sc 8, [color b] sc 14 ch 2
- [color b] hdc 15, [color a] sc 7 ch 1
- [color a] sc 9, [color b] hdc 14 ch 2
- [color b] hdc 13 [color a] hdc 9 ch 2
- [color a] hdc across
- rep. row 26
Attach to Dowel or Frame
Attach your tapestry to the dowel or frame with a single crochet stitch. See video below.
Cut many 12 inch strands of yarn, and attach to the tapestry with a slip knot. Cut fringe to even lengths.
Proudly hang your crochet wall hanging where it can get lots and lots of compliments! I hope you enjoyed this pattern, I would love to see your versions of this boho wall hanging. Tag me on instagram @margoknitsblog or using #margoknits #margoknitsblog
Thank you for crocheting with me! I plan to come out with a kit for making this tapestry and selling it in my shop! Leave me a comment if that is something you’d like to see! If you love free crochet patterns, check out one of my favorites over at All Free Crochet!