One of the things I love about crochet is the ability to create a long chain and crochet all the way across. I wanted a scarf that was high-fashion, yet inexpensive and easy to make, ridiculously long, and dramatic. I came up with this very simple pattern that works for worsted weight yarn- and love the results! It’s a great T.V. crochet project, with it’s long rows, and simple stitches. It is also surprisingly quick to make since you only turn your work 8 times! The scarf wraps around 3 times, and is still dramatically long!
Yarn Used In This Pattern:
Dc: Double Crochet
Tr: Treble crochet (U.S.) (triple crochet)
1. Dc in 4th ch from hook and each remaining chain. Ch 4, Turn
2. Tr in 1st dc, and each remaining dc. Ch 2, turn
3. Dc in 1st tr and each remaining tr.
4. Ch 2, turn. Dc in 1st 2 dc, *3dc into nect dc, sk2, 3dc into next dc ; repeat from * until 2 sts remain, dc last 2 sts.
5. Ch 2, turn. Dc in 1st dc and each remaining dc.
6. Ch 4, turn. Tr in 1st dc, and each remaining dc. Ch 2, turn.
7. Ch 2, turn. Dc in 1st tc and each remaining tc.
8. Rep. Row 4
9. Rep. Row 5
Chain 1, and pull yarn out of loop. Weave in ends.